Alice is an experienced senior solicitor with over 20 years’ experience representing and defending clients, in Oxfordshire and the Thames Valley area, and London.
She attends the police station for both her own clients and as duty solicitor (for interviews under caution). She is also a Court duty solicitor.
As a defence solicitor Alice specialises in serious and complex crime. She has an outstanding reputation and is known for her success in defending serious criminal offences.
She has particular expertise in the following areas:
Fraud, money laundering, complex financial crime, regulatory infringement, serious organised crime conspiracies, international conspiracies, conspiracy to murder, large scale multi defendant drug cases, historic sexual abuse allegations and grooming, lethal and serious violence, and drug trafficking.
Alice has excellent working relationships with professionals within the criminal justice system. She regularly instructs Queen’s Counsel, forensic experts such as accountants and medical experts, including psychologists and psychiatrists.
Alice is noted for her ability to establish good working relationships with those she represents and for her straightforward, yet sensitive approach. She builds trust. This rapport has resulted in her being instructed to act on behalf of individuals with complex social and/or behavioral difficulties, as well as for those with little or no knowledge of the Criminal Justice System. Alice is experienced in working with mentally ill defendants. She considers where they may be a potential defence of insanity or where the defendant may be unfit to plead.
Alice is committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for a client. She is known for her diligence, and for her “no stone left unturned” attitude to the preparation of cases.
Alice has a military law practice and has represented numerous military personnel from initial investigation and interview by the SIB or RMP through to Courts Martial. She has been instructed on allegations ranging from sexual assaults, theft, fraud, disobeying orders and breaches of curfew, to the ill treatment of junior soldiers, assaults amounting to initiation ceremonies. She has represented a soldier accused of murder in an Iraqi Historic Allegations Team investigation. She also advises on AGAI 67 issues, summary hearings and trials.
She understands the importance that any civilian police enquiry or civilian criminal proceedings will have on the career and life of a military person.
Alice’s military, and civilian clients are supported by the additional services provided by Albin and Co, such as help with Family matters: Child arrangement orders, financial settlements, separation and divorce. Albin and Co can also assist with Community care and Mental Health law.
Alice’s regular clients also include members of the travelling community, as well as members of the Showman’s Guild.
Recent cases include:
- Multi-handed Trading Standard prosecutions
- Multi-handed (34,000 page) drug conspiracy
- Child sexual exploitation cases: the charges rose out of a police investigation known as Operation Nautical: an investigation into child exploitation by Asian gangs. The trial took had been nearly four months. There were 16 defendants and the investigation arose out of the Bullfinch child exploitation case. After three days in retirement, Alice’s two clients were acquitted by a jury of all counts.
- Conspiracy to rob and to falsely imprison – unanimous not guilty verdicts to all charges, multi-handed.
- Possession with intent to supply – included expert evidence on PTSD and the impact such had on the reliability of the defendant’s interview.
- Fraud by abuse of position – bank manager
- Murder and perverting the course of justice, 73 year old defendant
- Murder – death occurred by accident during a sex game.
- Arson with intent to endanger life – multi-occupancy house – complex mental health issues. Mental Health Act disposal.
– Alice speaks fluent French and can take instruction directly from French speaking clients without the need for an interpreter.